I've already got mine, so I'm giving this information to you for your own benefit:
Getting the flu shot is easy! Ottawa Public Health holds free flu shot clinics around the city. The flu shot is free for persons 6 months of age and older who live, work or attend school in Ontario. Please note: Children 13 years of age and under must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
The following people will not be immunized at Ottawa Public Health community clinics and are referred to their family doctor:
- People who have had a previous allergic reaction to influenza vaccine
- People with an allergy to eggs
- People with an allergy to thimerosal or formaldehyde
- People with a changing neurological condition
- People with a history of Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- People with a history of Oculo-Respiratory Syndrome
Monday, December 18; 2:30 to 8:30 p.m. Confederation High School, 1645 Woodroffe Ave., Nepean [map]
Tuesday, January 9; 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sir Wilfrid Laurier High School, 1515 Tenth Line Rd., Orléans [map]
Wednesday, January 10; 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. All Saints High School, 5115 Kanata Ave., Kanata [map]
Thursday, January 11; 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. Notre Dame High School, 710 Broadview Ave., Ottawa [map]
For more information, call Ottawa Public Health Information at 613-580-6744, ext. 24179 (TTY: 613-580-9656) or toll free at 1-866-426-8885.