Monday, April 07, 2008

A few things

(1) I'm a big believer in criminal sentences that keep people out of jails. So, I am not into the latest campaign that makes it seem like people sentenced to staying in their homes are not being punished.

But I have to admit, when I walked past the parking for the Provincial Court House and saw this, I thought it a bit inappropriate to replace the old paddy wagon with a vintage Corvette. Even if it is orange.

(2) Our young friend Kay just blogged a bike repair adventure. [2023 edit: no longer online] She blows my mind because (a) all that work to repair the bike; and then (b) she does such a detailed blog posting. It makes me tired to think about it. Kaye spares no expense to tell a story.

(3) I've posted photos from Saturday night's Ball and Chain honky tonk gig at the Elmdale. I'm glad I sat up in front of the pedal steel player, Al Bragg. Because (a) he was great, and (b) I could see the set list. When it came time to play the Lover's Waltz, Michael said "Let's Skip this One."

"No," I called out, "don't!" and for a change, they listened to me.

Isn't it strange how certain melodies played in the right way can make you cry every time you hear them? Even when there are no words that go with the tune? If I had stayed in cognitive science, maybe I would have tried to research why that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you called out, and that they listened... Manoushka

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to Keir's bicycle repairs. Was most entertaining.

redvera