Friday, May 28, 2010

Can anyone in Centretown lend me a pair of walkie-talkies

For Saturday morning? Just wondering.

8 comments:

  1. Is this a Great Glebe Garage Sale strategy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The somewhat unethical approach is to buy some from Staples, use them, and then return them under the no-question 14 day return policy.

    Just say they didn't have the range you need, or something. In real-world circumstances, their range never comes close to what is advertised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aggie, you always get it right, don't you.

    Milan, alas, even if I was able to use that approach, a search at Staples.ca turned up the results: Your search for "walkie" returned 0 results. Please try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's because they're probably under "two-way radios".

    Can I recommend an RGMobile StyroPhone plan? It's only 14.99 per month (some strings attached).

    - RG>

    ReplyDelete
  5. RG,

    a) You're right about the "two-way radios". But it's too late now. Shame Staples doesn't have a decent indexing system.

    b) I don't want a cell phone. I want a walkie-talkie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just in case anyone was worried, everything worked out okay even without the walkie-talkies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little late...but if you ever need walkie talkies again my daughters have a Mickey & Minnie set. The range is only about 100 ft though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm. 100' is not far, but maybe they'd be enough.

    I'll be in touch next year.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a Google account, please give a nickname and feel free to give the link to your blog or website. You can use the "a href" and "/a" HTML tags if you know how.