Friday, September 08, 2006

Blogger Stalking and the Hockey God at the Cube

I read Vicky Smallman's Blog this afternoon and she mentioned the vernissage at the Cube Gallery. So it was no surprise to see the Vicky, blogger and candidate for Kitchisippi Ward, there at the opening.

She insists they created her slogan "shaping Kitchisippi with you" before she found out she's pregnant. (But isn't that one of those things that anyone with a bit of psychic ability knows before they "know"?)

Anyway, I've rarely been to an opening where I liked such a high proportion of the art. I'm glad I finally made it out to the Cube.

I even got invited for a ride in a limousine to go to two other galleries, but I declined. I'm not the adventurous soul I used to be.

Besides the delightful Hockey God there are some excellent paintings on the walls at the Cube now. The bulk of the show is a collection of pieces by Don Monet. In many he's done a cool mixture of photographs and paint. I was wishing I'd thought of it first, but who am I kidding? I wouldn't have done it so well. [example]

I think the Cube's next show, Candela, the 2006 Ottawa Light Art Show will be a must see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog, some interesting info and thoughts, a bit radical for me at times but thats ok.

David Scrimshaw said...

Radical?

Really?