Monday, May 10, 2010

Go see On the Razzle

Guess what! I am in a play this week at the Great Canadian Theatre Company, Wednesday through Saturday.

It's Tom Stoppard's On the Razzle and it's this year's lawyers' play. In past years, I've ignored the casting calls from the County of Carleton Law Association, but this year they specifically asked for musicians to play in the brass band called for in the play's script. As far as I know, I'm the only lawyer in Ottawa who actually belongs to a brass band, so I thought it would be churlish not to offer my services.

I passed my audition, perhaps because I played Will Your Anchor Hold, an upbeat hymn from my old Salvation Army tunebook and a favourite of my grandfather's.

Here are some reasons you might like to see On the Razzle:

  • With 29 cast members, it has a lot more people on stage than you usually get to see at the GCTC;
  • There will be a reception after each performance;
  • On the Razzle is a funny play with lots of clever word play and nothing horrible happens to anybody;
  • Money raised by the performance is going to the GCTC and the very worthwhile Immigrant Women Services Ottawa;
  • The $100 ticket price gets you a $50 tax receipt;
  • Your photo could wind up in the society pages of the newspaper; and
  • The play is set in and near Vienna during a craze for everything Scottish.

On the Razzle by Tom Stoppard

CCLA/GCTC Lawyer Play Fundraiser May 13-15, 2010 at 8pm

Irving Greenberg Theatre Centre, 1233 Wellington St. W (at Holland Ave.)

Tickets: $100 with $50 tax receipt (preview May 12, $35)

Box Office: 613-236-5196

Facebook Event Page

3 comments:

Milan said...

I love Tom Stoppard, but $100 is pretty steep...

Anonymous said...

Great picture. I want a copy.

redvera

Jen G said...

You look so dashing! And dutiful and musical :)