Sunday, November 26, 2017

I hit a milestone at the Thrift Store

On a suburban adventure yesterday afternoon, Manon and I stopped at the Thrift Store at Belfast and St. Laurent. I was happy to find two cds.

At the cash, a young woman with a beautiful singing voice rang up my purchase. [Seriously... she was singing along with the radio and her voice made the song sound better.]

In the car, Manon asked about the cds and how much they cost.

"It's funny," I said, "the sign said they were $1.99 each, but she only charged me $3.58."

"Hmm," said Manon. she picked up the sales slip and started to laugh. "She gave you the senior discount!"

A little bit of online research tells me that I'm not actually eligible for the Salvation Army's senior discount until 2020, but I'm not going to drive back and give them 40 cents.

Meanwhile, I hope to enjoy my new-to-me Jane Siberry and Coldplay albums. Jane Siberry's Ulysses' Purse came out in 2016 and Coldplay's Viva la Vida came out in 2007. Not that long ago, right? Still, I guess the youngsters are downloading or buying vinyl; only old people are buying cds.

Tip: There are places where I am eligible for the seniors discount and you might be too if you're over 55 - Are You Taking Advantage of These Senior’s Discounts? at save.ca





No comments: