Friday, November 06, 2020

Eyeglass Mobile

I have projects that have been on my mind for a long time. 

For this eyeglass mobile, it has been probably 25 years. At least that's how long I've been hanging on to my old glasses thinking I'll do something with them. And I started making mobiles in 1993.

I bet this piece has a lot to say about things like the impermanence of vision and our decline with age. And I suspect it's deeply significant that I found it important to attach old cds into the mobile.

Future art historians might have interesting things to say about my interest in optics.


I can say that I like the way it looks when the blinds are closed.




And when it is sunny outside




For the art historians, here is a view of how it looked when I had just started.



Here's a 5-second video so you can see it moving a little bit. One day, I might find a way to make it rotate better. 

No comments: