Thursday, April 06, 2023

If a tree falls in the city...

In our loft last night, we were startled by some loud rumblings. "Nothing to worry about, it's just ice sliding off the roof."

But this morning, I looked out the window to see that a substantial limb had fallen off our big elm.

So I went out this morning with an electric saw to trim the fallen pieces and bundle them. I had just finished a bundle of smaller branches and determined the bundle was too big and would have to be split when the recycling truck arrived.

The really good-natured worker told me he'd take care of it. He picked up the bundle that was too heavy for me to lift (and I'm sure weighed more than the 15 kg the City allows), threw it in the truck, then took the big limb, and all the other branches. 

All we have left are some twigs we'll sweep up when things dry out.



 

No comments: