Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Do I owe you an email? Here is why...

I just DMZed my inbox again. [Note 1] There are 58 emails I need to reply to or do something about and they date back to February.

The delay is not because I don't care...

Some just need to be deleted; others need to be filed in my calendar. Most deserve replies and that's the real hold-up.

The delay is not because I don't care about the people I owe. It's the opposite. Someone has written me a thoughtful or newsy note and I want to respond similarly. But when I opened the email, I was in the middle of studying or I was tired, and decided it should wait.

Then more emails piled into the inbox, the earlier messages dropped off my radar and now it's embarrassing that I'm so late.

But today I am on the job.

If you get an email from me in the next few days, feel free to take your time replying. I'll understand. Really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand that...especially with respect to the thoughtful or newsy emails. It only takes a second to dash off a response to a one-liner, but it takes time to do justice to an excellent email.