I must get something that won't burn to cut the glare from the clear lightbulb, I thought.
The obvious answer of using other lightbulbs, burned-out and coloured ones, came to me quickly.
It just took me a while to get around to making it happen.
These bulbs are filled with rubbing alcohol, mineral oil or both and capped with black silicone caulking. I found the grill in some renovation garbage.
The wire came from the broken slide projector I made a mobile of many years ago. Some of the wires are attached to the bulbs using triangular bits of plastic clipped from excessive packaging. I think the springs are from a lawn chair. I don't know where the other wire bit came from, but it was a perfect length.
Click on the photo to see my Flickr set that includes a couple of "the making of" views.