Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Proper Pirate and Parrot

If you want to catch the attention of the ladies on Hallowe'en, nothing is better than a pirate costume. Here you see me demonstrating this in my new pirate captain costume. How do you know yo no soy marinaro, soy capitan? It's the epaulette on one shoulder and the parrot on the other.

I made the epaulette from two blue and gold curtain rod tassles from the Dollar-It glued to foam core board.

The parrot is Carlos, one of the puppet members of Astronaut Love Triangle. He didn't mind being sewn to an old blazer and having the name on his hat covered with a skull.

A hole in the jacket underneath him allowed him to talk freely. He said quite a bit more than "aawwk, pieces of eight, pieces of eight" and got asked to dance more than I did.

p.s. For a Halloween Party treat, check out my most famous post ever, Tasty Dessert: Toxic Waste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys look exactly like Johnny Depp and Keira Knightly in that Pirates of the Whatsis movies. I swear.