Friday, November 04, 2005

Plan B: The No-Lose Cork Screw

Whenever I have a party, there's a corkscrew problem. Even with two in the cutlery drawer, I can count on being asked where there's a wine-opener three or four times during the evening. At the last party, one of the corkscrews, the one with the arms, broke. 

So when I was at the dollar store and saw corkscrews for $1.50 and $2.00, I bought one.

Instead of getting the kind with the arms, I decided to get the levered waiter's corkscrew type. It was 50 cents cheaper and they do a better job.

Do you ever start to implement a great idea and before you do anything you realize it has a fatal flaw? So you stop?

That's what I would have done, but I have this blog constantly demanding content. So I attached the corkscrew to the chain, jammed a cork into a wine bottle, then wound the corkscrew into the cork. This wound the chain around the corkscrew.

You know, I decided it doesn't work so bad after all. I'm going to leave it there and see how it goes at the next party.

No comments: