Monday, September 25, 2006

Some Highlights of the Billy Bragg Show

  1. His imitation of the hamster on Youtube eating a biscuit bigger than he is. (I couldn't find this one, let me know if you know it.)
  2. His imitation of the talking cats on Youtube. (They are just as creepy as he said they are.)
  3. Telling us that he's become a renaissance (pronounced reh-nay'-sonce) man now because he's written a book. So now he's all literary and has conversations about litrachure. "... but you don't want it to go too far. You get literary and intellectual and the next thing you're running for the leadership of the Liberal party."
  4. Somehow he went into a story about pheromones and billy goats. "They piss on their faces.... It's true, I'm not making this up." For various reasons, this comes up again and again during the evening. Eventually he told us to look it up on Google "when you go home and put it in your blogs for all of your sad fucking mates...."
    [Apparently it's true: As bucks mature and go into rut, the male equivalent of heat (in the Fall), they will start peeing on their front legs and faces. They have a kind of "spray attachment" on the penis and can really spray. He will spray his urine into his mouth and then curl up his lip to get a good whiff. His legs, face and beard will eventually be coated with a sticky layer of urine (irresistible to a doe). Once rut is over (in the Winter) he may, or may not, stop peeing on himself.]
  5. His music was also terrific. One of the best concerts I've been to. You can listen to some of his songs on his Myspace page

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, I was at this show and it rocked!

Dont forget to add that some people might make the mistake of looking for 'peeing on your goatee' instead of goat pee on your face attracts the strangest people.

Nice pic of the show, great representaion.

coyote said...

The YouTube search term you want is 'Cookie Hamster'. Enjoy....

David Scrimshaw said...

You know, last week, I tried 'hamster cookie' and tonight, I tried 'cookie hamster', but I just get 5 videos, none of which has a hamster eating something that's bigger than him.

David Scrimshaw said...

Okay, so Coyote tells me this is the hamster video. (

The cookie in question is definitely not bigger than the hamster, but maybe it matches the actions Billy Bragg was doing. I couldn't see him when he talked about the hamster video.

Unknown said...

OMG, how is it as I Googled information about breast cancer awareness that I would have David Scrimshaw's Blog appear! I checked, and yessiree, it's the David Scrimshaw I know.
Made me smile, thanks Dave.

Heather S.

David Scrimshaw said...

Hey Heather!

Until now, I would have bet that the word "breast" doesn't appear in this blog.

But I forgot about my cancer sniffing doggie posting.