Sunday, January 31, 2010

The All-Alone Punchbuggy Emotion

It seems the psychologists have identified six basic emotions that are experienced by people everywhere. These big 6 emotions are: anger, fear, disgust, amusement, sadness and surprise.

Of course, there's big competition to identify other emotions and expand the list to the big 7 or the even the big 15. The New Scientist has an article exploring 5 less famous emotions that could be added to the list: elevation, interest, gratitude, pride and confusion.

But they've missed that emotion you feel when you see a VW Beetle and there's nobody around to punch.

I got punched four times today. Twice by Manon and twice by Kathy A. Sure I spotted punchbuggies, but only when I was all by myself. Including this Star Trek fan's bug that I think should have been worth two punches.

3 comments:

skylark said...

A STAR TREK PUNCH BUGGY !!! Sorry I wasn't there. I would've taken two punches for that one.

XUP said...

I still think the game is more interesting if you only punch for original bugs. That way you get to punch really hard once in a while instead of those constant little friendly punches over the stupid new VW "bugs"

Plot number 4 said...

In my family we punch for original VW beetles and hug for the new version. Which means fewer sore arms and more hugs. Which is a good thing, right?