Thursday, November 26, 2020

An attempt to increase comfort with houseplants

Yesterday, Clo Willaerts at Bnox delivered this clip from a Saturday Night Live episode:

In the evening at TV watching time, where I share a carefully curated selection of programs and clips with the lovely Manon, I played the clip. Manon appeared to enjoy it very much.

This morning, I heard a scream from the living room and then Manon came upstairs and slapped my shoulder. Yes. She literally slapped me.

I had almost forgotten that I had been inspired by Christopher Walken to humanize one of the peace lillies. It never occurred to me that it would frighten someone.


p.s. The fact that I had googly eyes on hand illustrates why it can be good to be a hoarder.

p.p.s. Long time readers may recall that peace lillies are my favourite house plant.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

very funny! yes I know you like peace lilies - you gave me mine as a house warming 13 years ago and it's still going strong. No googly eyes though will consider...

David Scrimshaw said...

I'm very happy to hear that your peace lilly is still going strong! Maybe the next time I gift one, I should add in some googly eyes.