Saturday, June 17, 2006

My Drawing Kit

This is a photo of my drawing kit along with an example of one of my drawings (I like to pronounce "drawing" to rhyme with "pouring", like they do in Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings.)

I've placed an annotated version of the photo on my (new) Flickr site.

Important points about the drawing kit:

1) It is small enough to carry in your pocket, so you can take it anywhere and always have something to do when you would otherwise be bored. Like say a meeting where people are going around and around in circles and everything has already been said. Or in a band rehearsal when you have a 40-bar rest.

2) If you haven't noticed, I am not a skilled sketch artist, but by coloring my pictures, they look fun.

3) Reusing a cassette case makes you feel like a retro-eco-culture jammer.The cartoon used in this picture for illustrative pictures is explained in this entry.

No comments: