Mittens and Gloves should have a way of quickly identifying which is left and which is right. Why do we slavishly wear identical gloves and mitts anyway?
Maybe you knitters could get to work on this. I suggest having red on right-hand mittens and green on left-hand mittens as this is the colour scheme followed in ocean and aeronautical aviation.
Minimum Benefits of this idea:
- (28 million Canadians outside BC) x
- (3 seconds per having to figure out which is which) x
- (0.5 to account for people who don't try to figure it out, but switch when they get it wrong) times
- (30+31+31+28+15 days in November, December, January, February and the first half of March)
- = 180 person-years!
- Plus, if the green-red system is adopted, lives could be saved in situations where pilots or marine navigators get food poisoning and have to be replaced by ordinary citizens who will now know the left-right colour code.