Remember Ginger Concord Tea? I've been thinking about it a lot. Thinking about how to make it with less effort and how to make it when the grapes are long gone from the vine outside the house.
Happily, the lab has come up with an answer:
- Fill a blender with grapes and small chunks of ginger.
- Add a little bit of water.
- Blend to a mush.
- Pour the mush into ice cube trays.
- When the mush is frozen, transfer to a container.
- Put the cubes in the deep freezer.
- When you want a pot of Ginger Concord Tea, put two cubes in enough water to fill your pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Strain into your teapot or directly into cups.